BBE has been developed collaboratively by a number of people, and can always use a bit more work! If you're interested in contributing, perhaps one of the following things would interest you:
- Programming - contact Dashing Strike at email@example.com for SVN access or if you just want to look at the source code.
- Linux support (current code all uses libraries available on Linux (SDL, etc) and someone did get the code compiling and linking under Linux in the past, but no active member is supporting it).
- New gameplay features
- Better map editor
- Level design - submit your levels and we will include the best ones.
- Art - new character sprites, special effects, level backgrounds/graphics schemes - send them to us. The best non-derivative works will be included in the core game files.
- Audio - we're sorely lacking in original audio files! Everything is needed from background music, to explosions, to an announcer recording of "First blood!" and other announcements.
- Web - this site could be a lot more attractive.