Based in Campbell, CA
21 March, 2017 (PC)
18 Sept, 2018 (PS4)
The classic couch competitive gameplay of games like "Bomberman" brought into the modern era. Place bombs, get out of the way, destroy your friends, collect powerups, 'splode your way to victory in a variety of game modes adapted for smooth multiplayer with virtually unlimited local players! Now also on PlayStation 4, Splody is bringing a new set of players into its community.
With no original Bomberman US PC release this millennium, and only a couple low quality Bomberman-like games on Steam, players are excited for Splody. Local multiplayer games for 8 or more people is a personal passion of Dashing Strike founder Jimb Esser, and there is a significant lack of these out there. Splody started as an open-source, free, local multiplayer game ("BBE", primarily created by Jimb, a decade ago), and over the past years has been expanded with online multiplayer and polished to professional quality.
- Cross-platform online multiplayer between Steam (PC/Mac/Linux) and PS4
- Ranking and Leaderboards
- Achievements and Trophies
- Host your own custom online game with up to 32 players, or just jump in to a public game to quickly get into the action
- As many local players as you can connect controllers for (4-20 recommended; max of 6 local players on PS4)
- Play against bots to practice, fill in a game, or epic "Human vs Bot" battles
- Level editor, share custom levels
- Various game modes and settings including Free-for-all or Teams, traditional "Last Man Standing", epic "Human vs Bot" battles (up to 64 bots), and "Capture the Dino" - Fight over control for a mount in this game mode which keeps all players respawning and in the action until the end of the match
- Even in the "classic" game mode, with post-mortem "ghost bombers," players can affect the game after they are defeated, so no one gets bored between matches
- ESRB: EVERYONE 10+ - Fantasy Violence / Users Interact
PS4 Launch Trailer YouTube
There are far more images available for Splody, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
- "The fun was snappy, instant, and plentiful... this game is the bomb"
- Ryan Silberman, The Inner Circle Games Network
- "This lovingly recreated console classic is the game you’ve been looking for!"
- Leah Bond, Legends of Tabletop
Request Press/Streamer Copy
Copies for press and streaming can be requested through distribute().
About Dashing Strike
Dashing Strike is an independent one-man game development studio focused on innovative and engaging multiplayer experiences.
More information on Dashing Strike, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Everything, Dashing Strike
Sound FX, Freelancer